Learn Thai Massage in this weekend workshop where you will learn the fundamentals of Thai Massage in a safe and professional environment.
This course is open to beginners, massage therapists, yoga teachers and anyone interested in learning a full 60 minute Thai Massage. Whether your goal is to work with friends and family or to continue on to the practitioner levels, this course will provide you with the proper foundation.
You will learn:
• The history of Thai Medicine and the role of massage
• A 60 min Thai massage in supine, prone and sitting
• Approaches for working with different body types
• pressure and intensity following the body’s natural lines of movement
• The concept of “wind” element and how stress and tension affect flexibility, mobility and circulation
• How to recognize the difference between muscle, tendon and ligament in stretching and massage
• How to practice with efficient body mechanics for an enjoyable massage
Note: You will be required to work at times on your knees. If you have concerns over your ability to do this for a weekend, please contact us to discuss the appropriateness of this workshop.
Paul has been practicing and teaching Thai massage for over 13 years and has been fortunate enough to study with some of Thailand’s most respected teachers. He is a Registered Massage Therapist and Yoga teacher and has an established practice at the Wellness on Whyte clinic.